Botanic Flower Press
Orders are dispatched within 3 business days and shipping times are estimated at between 3-7 business days depending on your location within Australia.
Depending on the products you have ordered you may receive multiple shipments.
The time taken for an item to reach to you once it has been despatched depends on where it has been sent from.
Payment is taken in full when your order is placed. Please ensure the delivery address and receiver's name for your order is accurate and complete (including any business name if shipping to a work address) as we are unable to change any details once the order has been placed.
We will endeavour to supply all orders placed via this site. All products are listed for sale in good faith, but it is possible a supplier may notify us that a title is currently unavailable or no longer available. Upon receipt of this information from a supplier our online customer service team will contact you to let you know of the cancellation or delay of your order.
Prices are correct at time of publishing and are inclusive of GST where applicable.
If a pricing error is found, we reserve the right to either (a) arrange payment of any extra sum due or refund any over-payment made by you or (b) cancel the order.
We reserve the right to alter all product pricing without notice.
We reserve the right to cancel or delay an order where order details are incomplete or fraud is suspected.
We work hard to try to ensure our online stock levels are kept up to date. From time to time, some products may not be available and we will inform you as soon as possible if goods you have ordered are not in stock.
We put every effort into ensuring that our products are second to none. However, If you are not entirely satisfied with your order we are happy to provide an exchange or refund within 14 days of receipt. Returns must be unused and in a re-saleable condition with any National Trust swing ticket and all tags still attached. Delivery charges are non-refundable but we will send out a replacement free of charge. Please also provide proof of purchase, for example a delivery note or paper copy of a confirmation email. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to organise a return.
If you ever wanted beautiful flowers that would last forever, try pressing flowers. Fresh flowers can be kept for years using this method. The colour can change, ranging from faded colours to a greater intensity of vibrant colors.
Pressed flowers have long been used as decorative additions in many forms, from cards to framed art pieces on their own.
Flower Press features:
- Adjustable carry strap
- Botanical booklet
- Flower press is approximately 18cm x 18cm x 5cm.
- Includes over 10 press backing boards (cardboard)
- Includes over 20 sheets of blotching paper (each sheet 15 cm x 15 cm)
Some tips on flower pressing:
- Choosing flowers to press
- Pick the flowers either in bud or as soon as they open. This is when the color is best. Choose blossoms and petals that haven't been bruised, torn, damaged by insects, or wilted.
- Flowers with naturally flat faces (eg. pansies or violets) are easier to press than flowers a more 3-dimensional shape like orchids or lilies. You can take a flower apart to press, and then re-assemble it later.
- Pick the flowers at the right time of day
- Flowers that are still wet with dew or rain will be more prone to molding in your press. Flowers picked in the hot summer afternoon sun will be more prone to fading.
- Arrange flowers on the piece of blotching paper.
- Lay the flowers flat on the top sheet of blotching paper, leaving ample space between them so they are able to thoroughly dry.
- Play with the arrangement of the petals according to your artistic sense - lay them flat, or overlap some.
- The flowers will be preserved just as you position them.
Recommend for ages: 5+ years